So, I am just wondering what happened to this statement:

"At this time, we are keeping the default quickplay option to Valve servers.
However, note that if a player wants to find a server with any of the
supported modifications, then they must land on a community server, since
Valve servers do not run with these settings."

Posted by Fletcher Dunn on February 8, 2014.

The option is still defaulting to Valve servers, even though it's supposed
to be "temporary" and the initial cause for this measure, Pinion spamming
servers, have long disappeared/been reduced.

Is there any official change planned to this setting or will it be that way
till eternity?