I noticed last night that the Flare Gun is only mini-critting now.  I
assumed this was an unannounced change to the weapon, but it appears to be
one of the symptoms of another change.

At the moment, you can't crit anyone who is covered in Jarate or while you
are being affected by a mini-crit source such as the Buff Banner.  It
appears that mini-crits now override crits instead of the opposite way
around.

Having a friendly buff banner and/or Jarate able to cancel the affects of
headshots, backstabs, the Kritzkrieg, and random crits breaks game
mechanics.

This needs to be fixed.  Soon.

On Wed, Oct 28, 2015 at 7:49 PM, Eric Smith <er...@valvesoftware.com> wrote:

> We've released a mandatory update for TF2. The new version is 3060214.
>
> The notes for the update can be found here:
>         http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?id=19062
>
> -Eric

Ross Bemrose