The Acts of the Emissaries, Chapter 26

   {26:1} Agrippa said to Paul, "You may speak for yourself."

   Then Paul stretched out his hand, and made his defense. {26:2} "I
 think myself happy, King Agrippa, that I am to make my defense before
 you this day concerning all the things that I am accused by the
 Judeans, {26:3} especially because you are expert in all customs and
 questions which are among Jews. Therefore I beg you to hear me
 patiently.

   {26:4} "Indeed, all Jews know my way of life from my youth up, which
 was from the beginning among my own nation and at Jerusalem; {26:5}
 having known me from the first, if they are willing to testify, that
 after the strictest sect of our religion I lived a Pharisee. {26:6}
 Now I stand here to be judged for the hope of the promise made by God
 to our fathers, {26:7} which our twelve tribes, earnestly serving
 night and day, hope to attain. Concerning this hope I am accused by
 the Judeans, King Agrippa! {26:8} Why is it judged incredible with
 you, if God does raise the dead?

   {26:9} "I myself most certainly thought that I ought to do many
 things contrary to the name of Yeshua of Nazareth. {26:10} This I also
 did in Jerusalem. I both shut up many of the holy ones in prisons,
 having received authority from the chief priests, and when they were
 put to death I gave my vote against them. {26:11} Punishing them often
 in all the synagogues, I tried to make them blaspheme. Being
 exceedingly enraged against them, I persecuted them even to foreign
 cities.

   {26:12} "Whereupon as I traveled to Damascus with the authority and
 commission from the chief priests, {26:13} at noon, O king, I saw on
 the way a light from the sky, brighter than the sun, shining around me
 and those who traveled with me. {26:14} When we had all fallen to the
 earth, I heard a voice saying to me in the Hebrew language, 'Saul,
 Saul, why are you persecuting me? It is hard for you to kick against
 the goads.'

   {26:15} "I said, 'Who are you, Lord?'

   "He said, 'I am Yeshua, whom you are persecuting. {26:16} But arise,
 and stand on your feet, for I have appeared to you for this purpose:
 to appoint you a servant and a witness both of the things which you
 have seen, and of the things which I will reveal to you; {26:17}
 delivering you from the people, and from the Gentiles, to whom I send
 you, {26:18} to open their eyes, that they may turn from darkness to
 light and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive
 remission of sins and an inheritance among those who are sanctified by
 faith in me.'

   {26:19} "Therefore, King Agrippa, I was not disobedient to the
 heavenly vision, {26:20} but declared first to them of Damascus, at
 Jerusalem, and throughout all the country of Judea, and also to the
 Gentiles, that they should repent and turn to God, doing works worthy
 of repentance. {26:21} For this reason Jews seized me in the temple,
 and tried to kill me. {26:22} Having therefore obtained the help that
 is from God, I stand to this day testifying both to small and great,
 saying nothing but what the Prophets and Moses said would happen,
 {26:23} how the Messiah must suffer, and how, by the resurrection of
 the dead, he would be first to proclaim light both to these people and
 to the Gentiles."

   {26:24} As he thus made his defense, Festus said with a loud voice,
 "Paul, you are crazy! Your great learning is driving you insane!"

   {26:25} But he said, "I am not crazy, most excellent Festus, but
 boldly declare words of truth and reasonableness. {26:26} For the king
 knows of these things, to whom also I speak freely. For I am persuaded
 that none of these things is hidden from him, for this has not been
 done in a corner. {26:27} King Agrippa, do you believe the prophets? I
 know that you believe."

   {26:28} Agrippa said to Paul, "With a little persuasion are you
 trying to make me a Messianic?"

   {26:29} Paul said, "I pray to God, that whether with little or with
 much, not only you, but also all that hear me this day, might become
 such as I am, except for these bonds."

   {26:30} The king rose up with the governor, and Bernice, and those
 who sat with them. {26:31} When they had withdrawn, they spoke one to
 another, saying, "This man does nothing worthy of death or of bonds."
 {26:32} Agrippa said to Festus, "This man might have been set free if
 he had not appealed to Caesar."

The World English Bible: Messianic Edition is in the Public Domain.
This translation is also known as the Hebrew Names Version. "World
English Bible," "World English Bible: Messianic Edition," and "World
English Bible" are trademarks of Rainbow Missions, Inc., and may only
be used as names for the Bible translations so named and distributed by
Rainbow Missions, Inc., and faithful copies thereof. Typo reports are
welcome at http://eBible.org/cgi-bin/comment.cgi. Please see
http://HNVBible.org for updates.