Isaiah, starting at chapter 22

   {22:1} The burden of the valley of vision. What ails you now, that
 you have all gone up to the housetops? {22:2} You that are full of
 shouting, a tumultuous city, a joyous town; your slain are not slain
 with the sword, neither are they dead in battle. {22:3} All your
 rulers fled away together. They were bound by the archers. All who
 were found by you were bound together. They fled far away. {22:4}
 Therefore I said, "Look away from me. I will weep bitterly. Don't
 labor to comfort me for the destruction of the daughter of my people.
 {22:5} For it is a day of confusion, and of treading down, and of
 perplexity, from the Lord, the LORD of Hosts, in the valley of vision;
 a breaking down of the walls, and a crying to the mountains." {22:6}
 Elam carried his quiver, with chariots of men and horsemen; and Kir
 uncovered the shield. {22:7} It happened that your choicest valleys
 were full of chariots, and the horsemen set themselves in array at the
 gate. {22:8} He took away the covering of Judah; and you looked in
 that day to the armor in the house of the forest. {22:9} You saw the
 breaches of the city of David, that they were many; and you gathered
 together the waters of the lower pool. {22:10} You numbered the houses
 of Jerusalem, and you broke down the houses to fortify the wall.
 {22:11} You also made a reservoir between the two walls for the water
 of the old pool. But you didn't look to him who had done this, neither
 did you have respect for him who purposed it long ago. {22:12} In that
 day, the Lord, the LORD of Hosts, called to weeping, and to mourning,
 and to baldness, and to dressing in sackcloth: {22:13} and behold, joy
 and gladness, killing cattle and killing sheep, eating flesh and
 drinking wine: "Let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we will die."
 {22:14} The LORD of Hosts revealed himself in my ears, "Surely this
 iniquity will not be forgiven you until you die," says the Lord, the
 LORD of Hosts.

   {22:15} Thus says the Lord, the LORD of Hosts, "Go, get yourself to
 this treasurer, even to Shebna, who is over the house, and say,
 {22:16} 'What are you doing here? Who has you here, that you have dug
 out a tomb here?' Cutting himself out a tomb on high, chiseling a
 habitation for himself in the rock!" {22:17} Behold, the LORD will
 overcome you and hurl you away violently. Yes, he will grasp you
 firmly. {22:18} He will surely wind you around and around, and throw
 you like a ball into a large country. There you will die, and there
 the chariots of your glory will be, you shame of your lord's house.
 {22:19} I will thrust you from your office. You will be pulled down
 from your station.

   {22:20} It will happen in that day that I will call my servant
 Eliakim the son of Hilkiah, {22:21} and I will clothe him with your
 robe, and strengthen him with your belt. I will commit your government
 into his hand; and he will be a father to the inhabitants of
 Jerusalem, and to the house of Judah. {22:22} I will lay the key of
 the house of David on his shoulder. He will open, and no one will
 shut. He will shut, and no one will open. {22:23} I will fasten him
 like a nail in a sure place. He will be for a throne of glory to his
 father's house. {22:24} They will hang on him all the glory of his
 father's house, the offspring and the issue, every small vessel, from
 the cups even to all the pitchers. {22:25} "In that day," says the
 LORD of Hosts, "the nail that was fastened in a sure place will give
 way. It will be cut down, and fall. The burden that was on it will be
 cut off, for the LORD has spoken it."

   {23:1} The burden of Tyre. Howl, you ships of Tarshish! For it is
 laid waste, so that there is no house, no entering in. From the land
 of Kittim it is revealed to them. {23:2} Be still, you inhabitants of
 the coast, you whom the merchants of Sidon, that pass over the sea,
 have replenished. {23:3} On great waters, the seed of the Shihor, the
 harvest of the Nile, was her revenue. She was the market of nations.
 {23:4} Be ashamed, Sidon; for the sea has spoken, the stronghold of
 the sea, saying, "I have not travailed, nor brought forth, neither
 have I nourished young men, nor brought up virgins." {23:5} When the
 report comes to Egypt, they will be in anguish at the report of Tyre.
 {23:6} Pass over to Tarshish! Wail, you inhabitants of the coast!
 {23:7} Is this your joyous city, whose antiquity is of ancient days,
 whose feet carried her far away to travel? {23:8} Who has planned this
 against Tyre, the giver of crowns, whose merchants are princes, whose
 traffickers are the honorable of the earth? {23:9} The LORD of Hosts
 has planned it, to stain the pride of all glory, to bring into
 contempt all the honorable of the earth. {23:10} Pass through your
 land like the Nile, daughter of Tarshish. There is no restraint any
 more. {23:11} He has stretched out his hand over the sea. He has
 shaken the kingdoms. The LORD has ordered the destruction of Canaan's
 strongholds. {23:12} He said, "You shall rejoice no more, you
 oppressed virgin daughter of Sidon. Arise, pass over to Kittim. Even
 there you will have no rest."

   {23:13} Behold, the land of the Kasdim. This people was not. The
 Assyrians founded it for those who dwell in the wilderness. They set
 up their towers. They overthrew its palaces. They made it a ruin.
 {23:14} Howl, you ships of Tarshish, for your stronghold is laid
 waste! {23:15} It will come to pass in that day that Tyre will be
 forgotten seventy years, according to the days of one king. After the
 end of seventy years it will be to Tyre like in the song of the
 prostitute. {23:16} Take a harp; go about the city, you prostitute
 that has been forgotten. Make sweet melody. Sing many songs, that you
 may be remembered. {23:17} It will happen after the end of seventy
 years that the LORD will visit Tyre, and she shall return to her
 wages, and will play the prostitute with all the kingdoms of the world
 on the surface of the earth. {23:18} Her merchandise and her wages
 will be holiness to the LORD. It will not be treasured nor laid up;
 for her merchandise will be for those who dwell before the LORD, to
 eat sufficiently, and for durable clothing.

   {24:1} Behold, the LORD makes the earth empty, makes it waste, turns
 it upside down, and scatters its inhabitants. {24:2} It will be as
 with the people, so with the priest; as with the servant, so with his
 master; as with the maid, so with her mistress; as with the buyer, so
 with the seller; as with the creditor, so with the debtor; as with the
 taker of interest, so with the giver of interest. {24:3} The earth
 will be utterly emptied and utterly laid waste; for the LORD has
 spoken this word. {24:4} The earth mourns and fades away. The world
 languishes and fades away. The lofty people of the earth languish.
 {24:5} The earth also is polluted under its inhabitants, because they
 have transgressed the laws, violated the statutes, and broken the
 everlasting covenant. {24:6} Therefore the curse has devoured the
 earth, and those who dwell therein are found guilty. Therefore the
 inhabitants of the earth are burned, and few men left. {24:7} The new
 wine mourns. The vine languishes. All the merry-hearted sigh. {24:8}
 The mirth of tambourines ceases. The sound of those who rejoice ends.
 The joy of the harp ceases. {24:9} They will not drink wine with a
 song. Strong drink will be bitter to those who drink it. {24:10} The
 confused city is broken down. Every house is shut up, that no man may
 come in. {24:11} There is a crying in the streets because of the wine.
 All joy is darkened. The mirth of the land is gone. {24:12} The city
 is left in desolation, and the gate is struck with destruction.
 {24:13} For it will be so in the midst of the earth among the peoples,
 as the shaking of an olive tree, as the gleanings when the vintage is
 done. {24:14} These shall lift up their voice. They will shout for the
 majesty of the LORD. They cry aloud from the sea. {24:15} Therefore
 glorify the LORD in the east, even the name of the LORD, the God of
 Israel, in the islands of the sea! {24:16} From the uttermost part of
 the earth have we heard songs. Glory to the righteous! But I said, "I
 pine away! I pine away! woe is me!" The treacherous have dealt
 treacherously. Yes, the treacherous have dealt very treacherously.
 {24:17} Fear, the pit, and the snare, are on you who inhabitant the
 earth. {24:18} It will happen that he who flees from the noise of the
 fear will fall into the pit; and he who comes up out of the midst of
 the pit will be taken in the snare; for the windows on high are
 opened, and the foundations of the earth tremble. {24:19} The earth is
 utterly broken. The earth is torn apart. The earth is shaken
 violently. {24:20} The earth will stagger like a drunken man, and will
 sway back and forth like a hammock. Its disobedience will be heavy on
 it, and it will fall and not rise again. {24:21} It shall happen in
 that day that the LORD will punish the army of the high ones on high,
 and the kings of the earth on the earth. {24:22} They shall be
 gathered together, as prisoners are gathered in the pit, and shall be
 shut up in the prison; and after many days shall they be visited.
 {24:23} Then the moon shall be confounded, and the sun ashamed; for
 the LORD of Hosts will reign on Mount Zion, and in Jerusalem; and
 before his elders will be glory.

The World English Bible: Messianic Edition is in the Public Domain.
This translation is also known as the Hebrew Names Version. "World
English Bible," "World English Bible: Messianic Edition," and "World
English Bible" are trademarks of Rainbow Missions, Inc., and may only
be used as names for the Bible translations so named and distributed by
Rainbow Missions, Inc., and faithful copies thereof. Typo reports are
welcome at http://eBible.org/cgi-bin/comment.cgi. Please see
http://HNVBible.org for updates.