Isaiah, starting at chapter 58

{58:1} "Cry aloud, don't spare, lift up your voice like a
        [1>]shofar[<1], and declare to my people their disobedience,
        and to the house of Jacob their sins. {58:2} Yet they seek me
        daily, and delight to know my ways: as a nation that did
        righteousness, and didn't forsake the ordinance of their God,
        they ask of me righteous judgments; they delight to draw near
        to God. {58:3} 'Why have we fasted,' say they, 'and you don't
        see? Why have we afflicted our soul, and you take no knowledge?'

 "Behold, in the day of your fast you find pleasure, and exact all your
        labors. {58:4} Behold, you fast for strife and contention, and
        to strike with the fist of wickedness: you don't fast this day
        so as to make your voice to be heard on high. {58:5} Is such
        the fast that I have chosen? the day for a man to afflict his
        soul? Is it to bow down his head as a rush, and to spread
        sackcloth and ashes under him? Will you call this a fast, and
        an acceptable day to the LORD?

 {58:6} "Isn't this the fast that I have chosen: to release the bonds
        of wickedness, to undo the bands of the yoke, and to let the
        oppressed go free, and that you break every yoke? {58:7} Isn't
        it to distribute your bread to the hungry, and that you bring
        the poor who are cast out to your house? When you see the
        naked, that you cover him; and that you not hide yourself from
        your own flesh? {58:8} Then your light shall break forth as the
        morning, and your healing shall spring forth speedily; and your
        righteousness shall go before you; the glory of the LORD shall
        be your rear guard.
 {58:9} Then you shall call, and the LORD will answer; you shall cry,
        and he will say, 'Here I am.'

 "If you take away from the midst of you the yoke, the putting forth of
        the finger, and speaking wickedly; {58:10} and if you draw out
        your soul to the hungry, and satisfy the afflicted soul: then
        your light shall rise in darkness, and your obscurity be as the
        noonday; {58:11} and the LORD will guide you continually, and
        satisfy your soul in dry places, and make strong your bones;
        and you shall be like a watered garden, and like a spring of
        water, whose waters don't fail. {58:12} Those who shall be of
        you shall build the old waste places; you shall raise up the
        foundations of many generations; and you shall be called The
        repairer of the breach, The restorer of paths to dwell in.

 {58:13} "If you turn away your foot from the Sabbath, from doing your
        pleasure on my holy day; and call the Sabbath a delight, and
        the holy of the LORD honorable; and shall honor it, not doing
        your own ways, nor finding your own pleasure, nor speaking your
        own words: {58:14} then you shall delight yourself in the LORD;
        and I will make you to ride on the high places of the earth;
        and I will feed you with the heritage of Jacob your father:"
   for the mouth of the LORD has spoken it.

 {59:1} Behold, the LORD's hand is not shortened, that it can't save;
        neither his ear heavy, that it can't hear: {59:2} but your
        iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your
        sins have hidden his face from you, so that he will not hear.
        {59:3} For your hands are defiled with blood, and your fingers
        with iniquity; your lips have spoken lies, your tongue mutters
        wickedness. {59:4} None sues in righteousness, and none pleads
        in truth: they trust in vanity, and speak lies; they conceive
        mischief, and bring forth iniquity. {59:5} They hatch adders'
        eggs, and weave the spider's web: he who eats of their eggs
        dies; and that which is crushed breaks out into a viper. {59:6}
        Their webs shall not become garments, neither shall they cover
        themselves with their works: their works are works of iniquity,
        and the act of violence is in their hands. {59:7} Their feet
        run to evil, and they make haste to shed innocent blood: their
        thoughts are thoughts of iniquity; desolation and destruction
        are in their paths. {59:8} The way of peace they don't know;
        and there is no justice in their goings: they have made them
        crooked paths; whoever goes therein does not know peace. {59:9}
        Therefore is justice far from us, neither does righteousness
        overtake us: we look for light, but, behold, darkness; for
        brightness, but we walk in obscurity. {59:10} We grope for the
        wall like the blind; yes, we grope as those who have no eyes:
        we stumble at noonday as in the twilight; among those who are
        lusty we are as dead men. {59:11} We roar all like bears, and
        moan bitterly like doves: we look for justice, but there is
        none; for salvation, but it is far off from us.

 {59:12} For our transgressions are multiplied before you, and our sins
        testify against us; for our transgressions are with us, and as
        for our iniquities, we know them: {59:13} transgressing and
        denying the LORD, and turning away from following our God,
        speaking oppression and revolt, conceiving and uttering from
        the heart words of falsehood. {59:14} Justice is turned away
        backward, and righteousness stands afar off; for truth is
        fallen in the street, and uprightness can't enter. {59:15} Yes,
        truth is lacking; and he who departs from evil makes himself a
        prey. The LORD saw it, and it displeased him that there was no
        justice. {59:16} He saw that there was no man, and wondered
        that there was no intercessor: therefore his own arm brought
        salvation to him; and his righteousness, it upheld him. {59:17}
        He put on righteousness as a breastplate, and a helmet of
        salvation on his head; and he put on garments of vengeance for
        clothing, and was clad with zeal as a mantle. {59:18} According
        to their deeds, accordingly he will repay, wrath to his
        adversaries, recompense to his enemies; to the islands he will
        repay recompense. {59:19} So shall they fear the name of the
        LORD from the west, and his glory from the rising of the sun;
        for he will come as a rushing stream, which the breath of the
        LORD drives.

 {59:20} "A Redeemer will come to Zion,
   and to those who turn from disobedience in Jacob," says the LORD.

   {59:21} "As for me, this is my covenant with them," says the LORD.
 "My Spirit who is on you, and my words which I have put in your mouth,
 shall not depart out of your mouth, nor out of the mouth of your seed,
 nor out of the mouth of your seed's seed," says the LORD, "from
 henceforth and forever."

 {60:1} "Arise, shine; for your light has come, and the glory of the
        LORD is risen on you. {60:2} For, behold, darkness shall cover
        the earth, and gross darkness the peoples; but the LORD will
        arise on you, and his glory shall be seen on you. {60:3}
        Nations shall come to your light, and kings to the brightness
        of your rising.

 {60:4} "Lift up your eyes all around, and see: they all gather
        themselves together, they come to you; your sons shall come
        from far, and your daughters shall be carried in the arms.
        {60:5} Then you shall see and be radiant, and your heart shall
        thrill and be enlarged; because the abundance of the sea shall
        be turned to you, the wealth of the nations shall come to you.
        {60:6} The multitude of camels shall cover you, the dromedaries
        of Midian and Ephah; all they from Sheba shall come; they shall
        bring gold and frankincense, and shall proclaim the praises of
        the LORD. {60:7} All the flocks of Kedar shall be gathered
        together to you, the rams of Nebaioth shall minister to you;
        they shall come up with acceptance on my altar; and I will
        glorify the house of my glory.

 {60:8} "Who are these who fly as a cloud, and as the doves to their
        windows? {60:9} Surely the islands shall wait for me, and the
        ships of Tarshish first, to bring your sons from far, their
        silver and their gold with them, for the name of the LORD your
        God, and for the Holy One of Israel, because he has glorified
        you.

 {60:10} "Foreigners shall build up your walls, and their kings shall
        minister to you: for in my wrath I struck you, but in my favor
        have I had mercy on you.
 {60:11} Your gates also shall be open continually; they shall not be
        shut day nor night; that men may bring to you the wealth of the
        nations, and their kings led captive.
 {60:12} For that nation and kingdom that will not serve you shall
        perish; yes, those nations shall be utterly wasted.

 {60:13} "The glory of Lebanon shall come to you, the fir tree, the
        pine, and the box tree together, to beautify the place of my
        sanctuary; and I will make the place of my feet glorious.
 {60:14} The sons of those who afflicted you shall come bending to you;
        and all those who despised you shall bow themselves down at the
        soles of your feet; and they shall call you The city of the
        LORD, The Zion of the Holy One of Israel.

 {60:15} "Whereas you have been forsaken and hated, so that no man
        passed through you, I will make you an eternal excellency, a
        joy of many generations. {60:16} You shall also drink the milk
        of the nations, and shall nurse from royal breasts; and you
        shall know that I, the LORD, am your Savior, and your Redeemer,
        the Mighty One of Jacob. {60:17} For brass I will bring gold,
        and for iron I will bring silver, and for wood brass, and for
        stones iron. I will also make your officers peace, and
        righteousness your ruler. {60:18} Violence shall no more be
        heard in your land, desolation nor destruction within your
        borders; but you shall call your walls Salvation, and your
        gates Praise. {60:19} The sun shall be no more your light by
        day; neither for brightness shall the moon give light to you:
        but the LORD will be to you an everlasting light, and your God
        your glory. {60:20} Your sun shall no more go down, neither
        shall your moon withdraw itself; for the LORD will be your
        everlasting light, and the days of your mourning shall be
        ended. {60:21} Your people also shall be all righteous; they
        shall inherit the land forever, the branch of my planting, the
        work of my hands, that I may be glorified. {60:22} The little
        one shall become a thousand, and the small one a strong nation;
        I, the LORD, will hasten it in its time."

Footnotes:
[1] {58:1} or, trumpet

The World English Bible: Messianic Edition is in the Public Domain.
This translation is also known as the Hebrew Names Version. "World
English Bible," "World English Bible: Messianic Edition," and "World
English Bible" are trademarks of Rainbow Missions, Inc., and may only
be used as names for the Bible translations so named and distributed by
Rainbow Missions, Inc., and faithful copies thereof. Typo reports are
welcome at http://eBible.org/cgi-bin/comment.cgi. Please see
http://HNVBible.org for updates.