So I need a form where it is is possible for the person creating the
object to have a date select with blank fields and save the model with
a blank date. The current input for dates does not have
the :include_blank => true on the date select so I over rode the tag
for that including the :include_blank and the form looks and works
like expected. However when I go to save the model I get the following
error message http://pastie.org/281054.

It is happening because the convert_type_for_mass_assignment method is
trying to convert the date params given into a valid date and
obviously the blank fields are not a valid date.

I am still very new to hobo and am not sure how this should be dealt
with. Does there need to be a check in
convert_type_for_mass_assignment to see if the date is blank and if so
return nil or should there be a check higher up that if the date is
blank it just skips over it during the save process? Any direction on
how to fix this or a fix for this would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Craig
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Hobo 
Users" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/hobousers?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to