I've been working on a similar task. It ended up being easier to write  
the code
as a rake task than a standalone ruby file.

As a rake task, you put:

desc "Load data into database"
task :load_data => :environment do
...

into, for example, load_data.rake in lib/tasks.

This loads the entire environment correctly for the app.

--Matt


On Oct 1, 2008, at 10:41 AM, jurgen wrote:

>
> I am trying to load data from an excel into the database using the
> hobo_models. I have no problem doing this with vanilla rails, but with
> hobo I don't seem to be able to get past the require's ..
>
> I try this (adapted to agility):
> require "rubygems"
> require 'hobofields'
> require 'hobosupport'
> require 'hobo'
>
> require "yaml"
> require "parseexcel"
>
> require "project"
> require "story"
> require "task"
> require "task_assignment"
> require "user"
>

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Hobo 
Users" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/hobousers?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to