Thanks a lot Matt, i'll try that out.  Unfortunately for me, not
unpacking isn't an option because the machine i'm deploying to doesn't
have enough memory to update gems :(

On Oct 2, 8:09 am, Matt Jones <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> For the moment, I would stay away from the gems:unpack method.
> I've got a patch submitted for Rails that fixes this problem, and  
> others,
> (http://rails.lighthouseapp.com/projects/8994/tickets/1128
> which will (hopefully) be committed for Rails 2.2.
>
> As an alternative, you could also add this line to config/initializers/
> hobo.rb:
>
> $LOAD_PATH.reject! { |f| File.basename(f) == 'vendor' }
>
> This should fix the error you're experiencing.
>
> --Matt
>
> On Oct 1, 2008, at 11:57 PM, Sean wrote:
>
>
>
> > Hello,
> > I'm running into a problem after having unpacked hobo into my
> > project's vendor directory.  I've successfully run rake gems:unpack
> > and have hobo, hobofields, hobosupport (all 0.8.2) and mislav-
> > will_paginate in my vendor/gems dir.  Now when i run script/server or
> > 'rake gems --trace' i get the following:
>
> > rake aborted!
> > "Gems::Hobo-0.8.2::Lib::Hobo" is not a valid constant name!
> > /home/sskirby/src/rangefinder/vendor/rails/activesupport/lib/
> > active_support/dependencies.rb:116:in `qualified_const_defined?'
> > /home/sskirby/src/rangefinder/vendor/rails/activesupport/lib/
> > active_support/dependencies.rb:339:in `new_constants_in'
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Hobo 
Users" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/hobousers?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to