I replied to author instead of the group by accident:

In the frozen rails, just try editing railties/lib/initializer.rb.
Around line 793,
you should see a list of directories. Delete the line containing
vendor from the list.

It may still not work - the gems:unpack mechanism was an absolute
trainwreck in
2.1.x. The rewritten version in 2.2 will work correctly.

--Matt

On Oct 5, 2008, at 11:29 PM, Sean wrote:

    I just tried your fix out, Matt and it doesn't seem to do the
trick.
    Indeed the error that i'm seeing seems to happen before any
    initializers get run.

    I'm not sure if this important, but i've frozen rails 2.1.1 into
my
    vendor/rails (not vendor/gems!)

    Any ideas?  Thanks!
    Sean


On Oct 2, 8:09 am, Matt Jones <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> For the moment, I would stay away from the gems:unpack method.
> I've got a patch submitted for Rails that fixes this problem, and  
> others,
> (http://rails.lighthouseapp.com/projects/8994/tickets/1128
> which will (hopefully) be committed for Rails 2.2.
>
> As an alternative, you could also add this line to config/initializers/
> hobo.rb:
>
> $LOAD_PATH.reject! { |f| File.basename(f) == 'vendor' }
>
> This should fix the error you're experiencing.
>
> --Matt
>
> On Oct 1, 2008, at 11:57 PM, Sean wrote:
>
>
>
> > Hello,
> > I'm running into a problem after having unpacked hobo into my
> > project's vendor directory.  I've successfully run rake gems:unpack
> > and have hobo, hobofields, hobosupport (all 0.8.2) and mislav-
> > will_paginate in my vendor/gems dir.  Now when i run script/server or
> > 'rake gems --trace' i get the following:
>
> > rake aborted!
> > "Gems::Hobo-0.8.2::Lib::Hobo" is not a valid constant name!
> > /home/sskirby/src/rangefinder/vendor/rails/activesupport/lib/
> > active_support/dependencies.rb:116:in `qualified_const_defined?'
> > /home/sskirby/src/rangefinder/vendor/rails/activesupport/lib/
> > active_support/dependencies.rb:339:in `new_constants_in'
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Hobo 
Users" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/hobousers?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to