Hi I'm trying to upgrade a site from using hobo 0.5.3 to version 0.7.5
and I can't figure out how auto_actions :all is working in my
controller.

Previously the default view generated by hobo got me a list of all the
users in my users table, nicely paginated, with links to editing the
user, and all the items in the dependent tables. I could write my own
users index page with all these features, but would rather figure out
the "Hobo way".

* So basically I'm trying to get a list of every user, with links to
edit or remove that user

-------------------------------------------------------
Here's my controller code in version 0.5.3
-------------------------------------------------------

class UsersController < ApplicationController

  hobo_model_controller

  before_filter :verify_credentials

end

--------------------------------------------------------
Here's my controller code in version 0.7.5
-------------------------------------------------------

class UsersController < ApplicationController

  hobo_user_controller

  auto_actions :all #I've added auto_actions all because without it I
get "No action responded to index" errors

  before_filter :verify_credentials

end

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Here's the relevant parts of my model code in 0.5.3
--------------------------------------------------------------------

class User < ActiveRecord::Base

  hobo_model

  include Hobo::AuthenticatedUser

  set_login_attr :username
  set_search_columns "username"

  alias_attribute :display_name, :username

  has_many :practice_sessions
  has_many :contact_info
  has_many :permission

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Here's the relevant parts of my model code in 0.7.5
--------------------------------------------------------------------

class User < ActiveRecord::Base

  hobo_user_model # Don't put anything above this

  fields do
    username :string, :login => true, :name => true
    administrator :boolean, :default => false
    timestamps
  end
  #include Hobo::AuthenticatedUser

  #set_login_attr :username
  #set_search_columns "username"

  alias_attribute :display_name, :username

  has_many :practice_sessions
  has_many :contact_info
  has_many :permission

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FYI there is no view code under ~/app/views/users/ in my 0.5.3 version
or my 0.7.5 version
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Hobo 
Users" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/hobousers?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to