In my Hobo 0.7.5 app, I have an in-place editor for the attribute
"answer_text"  of a model called "answer". The editing works great,
and has for some time.

The new functionality I am trying to add is to display the length of
"answer_text", and have that length display updated when an edit to
"answer_text" is completed.

The code I have tried is at: http://pastie.org/421675. On a refresh of
the page, all is well: the editor tag on line 22, the view tag on line
23 (inserted as a debug check), and the view tag for the length of the
answer on line 25 works great, displaying the length of the
answer_text.

When I finish an edit in the answer_text field, the edit and view
fields for the answer_text itself are updated fine, but:

     1. The length field on the page shows:

          Length: (Not Available)

     2. The error message in the log shows:

          Call part: xkcd. this-id = nil, locals = []

It appears that my part definition is not succeeding. Can someone
reach back to 0.7.5 and help me rephrase this code to be idiomatic
DryML and functional?

Thanks so much.

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Hobo 
Users" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/hobousers?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to