I don't know if anyone else here has tried the "restfulx" framework.
It is for hooking a flex frontend to a rails/xml backend.

It has some very slick features, but the one I thought might be useful
in Hobo is rake db:schema:to_yaml

When I ran it on my "Agility" tut, it gave me model.yml:

user:
 - crypted_password: string
 - salt: string
 - remember_token: string
 - remember_token_expires_at: datetime
 - name: string
 - email_address: string
 - administrator: boolean
 - state: string
 - key_timestamp: datetime
 - has_many: [task_assignments, project_memberships]

project:
 - name: string
 - belongs_to: [owner]
 - has_many: [stories, project_memberships]

task:
 - description: string
 - position: integer
 - belongs_to: [story]
 - has_many: [task_assignments]

task_assignment:
 - belongs_to: [user, task]

story_status:
 - name: string

story:
 - title: string
 - body: text
 - belongs_to: [project, status]
 - has_many: [tasks]

project_membership:
 - belongs_to: [project, user]

Now, if I made a generator for Hobo that read model.yml, it could make
a pretty decent swipe at generating the app, including the
associations (except the has_many, :throughs) Then the migrations
could be used for changes to the db.

Or, is there already a better way?

Ron
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Hobo 
Users" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/hobousers?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to