Hi

Is there a simple way to defined instance variables in a Hobo Model that 
are not persisted in the database, and only shown in edit forms.

As an example, there's a need in an input form for an end-user to 
communicate to the validation routines that they know they are doing 
something stupid. Once validation is completed, there is no real need to 
store, or show, the flag.

As an example, something like:-

class Customer < ActiveRecord::Base

hobo_model

fields do
     name    :string
     phone    :string
     phone_not_avail    :boolean, default => false, :persist => false
     email        :string
     email_not_avail    :boolean, default => false, :persist => false
end

validates_presence_of :phone, :unless => :phone_not_avail
validates_presence_of :email, :unless => :email_not_avail

end

Where "persist" might be the option to indicate that the field is not to 
be stored.

I suspect the simplest work around is to just accept that these flags 
will be stored in the database.

I've only been using Hobo/Rails for a couple of months, so I apologize 
if I missed something obvious in the documentation.

Thanks

Tim

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Hobo 
Users" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/hobousers?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

begin:vcard
fn:Timothy Hunt
n:Hunt;Timothy
adr:;;106 Erie Street;Jersey City;NJ;07302;USA
email;internet:[email protected]
tel;work:201-830-1912
tel;home:201-656-7795
tel;cell:917-885-9737
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:http://www.timhunt.net
version:2.1
end:vcard

Reply via email to