I the after create you don't want to use current user or acting user
which isn't really correct.  You want self - the new user model.
Assuming you're doing this in the model.

On Aug 28, 11:05 am, Henry Baragar <[email protected]>
wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I need to update some tables in my database when somebody signs up as a user.
>
> Originally, I had the updates in the User::after_create.  However, the current
> user at that point is guest and is prohibited from updating those records by
> the hobo permission system.
>
> So, I moved the updates to the to activate step of the User lifecycle.  The
> updates still failed because the the active_user is still Guest.  
>
> This got me to thinking.  Is the person using the application considered to be
> authenticated if he/she can successfully activate a User?
> If so, how come the acting_user is not set (to self) in the activate step?
> If not, how come the person is not redirected to the login page?
> Thoughts?
> A related question:  if I lose my activation key, how can I get it back or
> restart the process?  Do I have to ask the administrator to remove my User
> record?
> A little bit more off topic:  If I ask for a password reset and go in and 
> reset
> may password, can someone who has found my password_reset key (e.g. from
> reading my email) be able to reuse the key to change my password and get
> control of my User?
> Regards,
> Henry
>
> --
>
> Henry Baragar
> Instantiated Software
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Hobo 
Users" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/hobousers?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to