On Oct 27, 11:36 am, Matt Jones <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Oct 27, 2009, at 2:20 PM, beachbc wrote:
>
> > Thanks Matt, I appreciate the reply!
>
> > After reviewing the Default Parameter section of the DRYML manual, I
> > don't understand why I wouldn't HAVE to put param="default", however,
> > even with all of them removed, the nav section renders perfectly
> > fine.  I suppose knowing how Rapid processes the nav section (or any
> > other section) would help.   It just seems to me to be a giant magic
> > black box; abracadabra.. *poof* you've got ajax, and the two ton
> > elephant just disappeared.
>
> Yeah, that feeling doesn't go away. :) Part of the joy of doing stuff  
> in Hobo.
>
> param="default" is needed when you're looking to use a tag with  
> content inside of it; for instance, I've got a polymorphic main-nav in  
> an app I'm working on:
>
> <def tag="main-nav" attrs="current" polymorphic>
>    <ul id="MainTabs">
>      <set-scoped current-navigation="&current">
>        <nav-tab name="home" href="/">Home</nav-tab>
>        <do param="default" />
>      </set-scoped>
>    </ul>
> </def>
>
> (the details aren't important here - note the empty <do> block with  
> param="default")
>
> Then a particular class of user's nav will look like this:
>
> <def tag="main-nav" for="Guest">
>    <main-nav merge>
>      <nav-tab name="services" href="/">Services</nav-tab>
>      <nav-tab name="rates" href="/">Rates</nav-tab>
>      <nav-tab name="register" href="/">Register</nav-tab>
>      <nav-tab name="contact" href="/">Contact</nav-tab>
>    </main-nav>
> </def>
>
> Note that the content inside the <main-nav> call here is inserted  
> where the <do param="default" /> tag was in the base tag.
>
> This allows the base main-nav tag to define tabs that should appear on  
> everybody's nav, and leaves a space to be filled in.
>
> (Note to Owen: yes, a tutorial on this will be forthcoming, hopefully  
> in the next week or so. :)
>
> --Matt Jones

Thanks again Matt!

So parallel to ruby;
 <do param="default" />  - allows a user to pass in sort of hobo
"block?"

Therefore, if I were to extend your "main-nav" tag, I could add my own
<do param="default" />, and have it work as expected?

Also, as general rule; it gets placed in a tag definition and not in a
tags implementation?

One last question, it is perfectly valid to not not include anything
in between tags? (don't supply anything to the <do param="default" />)


--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Hobo 
Users" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/hobousers?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to