Thanks for the input Kevin.

I discovered that the problem was I was using

< form with="&current_user">

...which worked fine for displaying my form, and updating it,
but would not redisplay the updated form correctly.

I changed to creating a @user instance in the controller,
and changed the form to

<form with="&@user">

This works fine,  but I still am not clearly understanding
why current_user did not work. I thought that was just
a def for @current_user----and that I thought would be
the same as @user.

So current_user is not really an object instance that is
the same as @user?

  jet



On Oct 30, 3:00 pm, kevinpfromnm <[email protected]> wrote:
> It's resetting to the state of the form prior to fields being updated,
> I would think you have a reset-form in your form call along with the
> update (or instead of update).  That would set it back to pre-
> submission state.  You probably want the form as or in a part and have
> the form update the part on submit.
>
> On Oct 30, 2:48 pm, blueHandTalking <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > This is interesting to me. A form on a page is submitted with AJAX,
> > and the
> > update replaces the form with the same form, but hopefully with the
> > new
> > content that has been entered.
>
> > The new content is written to the database, but the information in the
> > new form is what was in it before the update.
>
> > What would cause such a thing?
>
> > jet
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Hobo 
Users" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/hobousers?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to