On Oct 31, 2009, at 4:45 PM, blueHandTalking wrote:
> This works fine,  but I still am not clearly understanding
> why current_user did not work. I thought that was just
> a def for @current_user----and that I thought would be
> the same as @user.
>
> So current_user is not really an object instance that is
> the same as @user?

current_user is part of the authentication system - it gets pulled in  
via the user id in the session. Also note that if (as I'd suspect)  
you're displaying this form from UserController, setting @user in the  
controller action should make 'this' behave correctly. So you won't  
need the with= part. Just a guess without seeing the code, but you may  
want to give it a try.

--Matt Jones


--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Hobo 
Users" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/hobousers?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to