Looks neat... Unfortunately whenever I try to save my app I get an error "There was a problem communicating with the server. Please try again later." I've been getting that error for an hour or two now, in both Google Chrome and Firefox.
On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 11:14 AM, Tom Locke <[email protected]> wrote: > > OK folks - there's some news for you today. > > Right back at the start, in 2006 when we first released Hobo, quite a > few people suggested we should create a graphical tool to kick off a > Hobo app. The fact that you get a real working app just from your > model declarations made people think how easy it would be to put a > nice GU in front of that, and you've got yourself a web-app creator. > But we never did it. Because we wanted to do it right. > > Replacing the model and controller generators with a GUI is basically > a gimmick that doesn't really change a thing. If we're going to build > a graphical tool -- and I wanted to from day one -- we should build > one that's powerful enough to get you all the way to a finished app. > > So, three years later, that's what we've done. Bambuu is a hosted > service that runs in the browser, and today we're quietly announcing > the private beta to the great crowd that follow this group. > > So what is it? Basically Hobo/Rails development in the cloud (every > user gets their own personal cloud server for their dev work), except, > um, without the programming. I suppose that's a bit like saying > "fishing without the water", or something : ) The other way to > describe it is that it's a graphical website builder, of which there > are many, but not like this one. > > I guess you're just going to have to try it! Well, 20 of you are : ) > We're letting the first users in really slowly because it's very early > days. We'll be inviting more in all the time so hopefully those that > miss this first invite won't have to wait long. And the blog is up > now, so please subscribe! > > There's so much to talk about that I find myself a bit lost for words. > I think I'll pick it up on the Bambuu blog. > > Oh and seeing as you guys are the open-source crowd, I'll mention that > although Bambuu is a commercial service, there is some very exciting > new technology under the hood, in addition to Hobo itself, which will > eventually become open source. You're going to like it : ) > > We really, really want to get your reactions and keep in touch with > you all, so please follow and comment on the blog, and give your > feedback at help.bambuu.net/discussions. > > OK, so without further ado (drumroll....), the first twenty to get > enter this token > > thehobos > > at http://bambuu.net, will get themseles a free beta account. > > Be warned things are still very rough around the edges, to the exent > that you might even find some lorem ipsum here and there : ), and > publishing apps (i.e. deploying them into production) is not quite > ready. > > Wahooo! > > Tom > > > > > --~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~ You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Hobo Users" group. To post to this group, send email to [email protected] To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [email protected] For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/hobousers?hl=en -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---
