On Dec 6, 2010, at 3:36 PM, Tuishimi wrote:

> Struggling.  ErrorLogs is the class, it belongs_to error_type.  I want
> the index page for ErrorLog (error_logs) to have a filter that can
> limit selection to error_types...
> 
> My filter-menu happily shows the appropriate error_types...  here is
> my code.
> 
>    def index
>        finder = params[:error_type] ?
> ErrorLog.send(params[:error_type]) : ErrorLog
>        hobo_index finder
>    end
> 

One note on this: don't do this. Consider what might happen, for instance, if 
somebody passed 'delete_all' in params[:error_type]. Uh-oh!


>    <collection: replace>
>        <table-plus fields="this, error_type, detail">
>            <empty-message:>No errors found!</empty-message:>
>            <prepend-header:>
>                <div class="filter">
>                    Display by Error Type:
>                    <filter-menu param-name="error_type"
> options="&ErrorType.all"/>
>                </div>
>            </prepend-header:>
>        </table-plus>
>    </collection:>
> 
> 
> ...
> 
> I get an error saying:
> 
> NoMethodError in Error logsController#index
> 
> undefined method `ERROR_TYPE_1' for #<Class:0x4b919723>
> 
> ...where ERROR_TYPE_1 is one of the errors in the dropdown...
> 
> I've tried following the online stuff I could find for this.  I am
> sure I am missing something simple. 

Note that the generated HTML is going to send back whatever the ErrorType 
models yield from to_s; you may need to munge the value into the correct format 
if that doesn't match the scopes defined on ErrorLog.

--Matt Jones

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Hobo 
Users" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/hobousers?hl=en.

Reply via email to