Thanks for the reply. The whole thing was caused by not using the
right template - I had app/views/inventories/index.dryml but I needed
app/views/inventories/index_for_campaign.dryml. Once I used the right
view, I had what I wanted. Again, a documentation problem, since this
had never been mentioned anywhere.

Thanks for your time!
François

On 6 déc, 14:48, kevinpfromnm <[email protected]> wrote:
> you probably need to add the replace directive to get it to change the
> collection.
>
> oddly, I'd think it should try to render a separate table-plus instead
> of a card for each item with the code you listed.  here's my take on
> how it would've interpreted your code:
>
> <collection> # if you use the replace, table-plus would replace the
> whole tag and not just get put inside it.
>   <ul ...>
>     <li repeat ...>
>       <table-plus fields="this, quantity, updated_at"/>
> closing tags
>
> but since you're getting cards, perhaps it doesn't handle passing
> content to the default parameter when called as a parameter.  wow,
> that's poor wording.  btw, the rest of this doesn't deal with your
> problem, just describing a potential bug.
>
> <def tag="some-page">
> ...
> <collection param>
>   content
> </collection>
> ...
>
> gets content passed to the default parameter in collection
>
> <some-page>
>   <collection:>
>     content
> ...
>
> content does not get passed to the default parameter.
>
> On Dec 6, 8:49 am, François Beausoleil <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
>
>
> > Ah, I was missing auto_actions :all in InventoriesController. That
> > explains why show/edit/update/destroy weren't present.
>
> > Still, not being able to overwrite the collection on index is a
> > bummer...
>
> > Bye!
> > François
>
> > On 6 déc, 10:46, François Beausoleil <[email protected]>
> > wrote:
>
> > > Hi,
>
> > > I've 
> > > foundhttp://groups.google.com/group/hobousers/browse_thread/thread/42a10a3...
>
> > > All great, but I'm still fighting. This is the entirety of app/views/
> > > inventories/index.dryml
>
> > > <index-page>
>
> > >   <collection: replace>
> > >     <table-plus fields="this, quantity, updated_at"/>
> > >   </collection:>
>
> > > </index-page>
>
> > > But on render, I still get cards. The Hobo Agility Tutorial has 3-4
> > > paragraphs on nested routes, but nothing on how to override the view.
> > > The Rapid Rails with Hobo book has no mention of "nested routes",
> > > either in the index or in the full text.
>
> > > Notwithstanding that, the show link on the card isn't rendered - it
> > > only renders the name, not a link to show/edit the inventory model.
> > > For reference, here's the InventoriesController as well:
>
> > > class InventoriesController < ApplicationController
>
> > >   hobo_model_controller
>
> > >   auto_actions_for :campaign, [:index, :new, :create]
>
> > >   def create
> > >     hobo_create do
> > >       redirect_to inventories_for_campaign(@campaign) if valid?
> > >     end
> > >   end
>
> > > end
>
> > > Where am I going wrong? Where shall I send patches to remedy the
> > > missing documentation?
>
> > > Thanks,
> > > François

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Hobo 
Users" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/hobousers?hl=en.

Reply via email to