Thanks Matt:
I had things to totally hosed on this little development machine that I
took the bull by the horns, deleted and re-installed ruby, gem, rails,
hobo --pre (which got me back to pre23 about four hours before the email
announcing --pre24 arrived).
That got me back to the same login problem. Used your suggestion and it
now seems to work as advertised.
Donz
On 12/14/2010 3:30 PM, Matt Jones wrote:
On Dec 14, 2010, at 3:19 PM, donz wrote:
Is there any way of getting the latest and greatest version of Hobo?
I have almost 50 years of software experience, but only 1 week of
experience with git :) so I think this is a noob question. Hobo says
it is 1.3.0.pre23 btw.
Checking out the rails3 branch should get you the latest. Be sure to 'git pull'
before, or you'll still have whatever you got when you initially cloned the
repo.
The reason I am asking is that I am having problems with forgot-
password emails. I found an answer (#845 I believe) and tried to
update my local version but the behavior has not changed. The problem
is that I get the reset-password e-mail, but when I access the
included link, it redirects me to the login page not the reset-
password page. The referenced change involves updating the
setup_wizard_generator.rb, but I have a fairly extensive app already
running so I need to make the appropriate fix in the generated code (I
have NO idea where that would be found BTW and I would really like to
know), not in the wizard that generates it.
> From the symptoms, I'd say there's probably a missing line in the
UserController:
skip_before_filter :login_required, :only => [:reset_password,
:do_reset_password]
or similar, which is causing the standard 'you must be logged in' stuff to go off. Check
the log to be sure - it should have a line about "filter chain halted" or
something to that effect.
--Matt Jones
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Hobo
Users" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/hobousers?hl=en.