I'll be going this year, for my first time, and I'm a lurker on this list at best. I've build a number of Rails applications, but nothing in Hobo yet. I keep hoping my project needs will meet up with what Hobo does best, and that I can get off the runway... If you do this, please be sure to make a big woo-hoo about it, and I will definitely try to make it to the BOF.

Walter

On Mar 29, 2011, at 1:09 PM, Matt Jones wrote:


On Mar 29, 2011, at 9:10 AM, Henry Baragar wrote:

On March 29, 2011 08:32:49 am Mark Sobkowicz wrote:
I am coming down to Baltimore in May for RailsConf, and I want to say I'd
be very, very sad if there were no BoF evening devoted to Hobo.

Mark
Matt Jones and I led a BOF last year. There was lots of interest, but no users other than ourselves. I would be prepared to help lead a BOF again this year and could make up a few slides to get the discussion going.
Henry

+1 on doing this again; the only issue with slides would be that (unless they're changing it this year) there weren't projectors available for the BoF sessions. (the Bohconf folks scraped one up for the session with Yehuda Katz, but that was an anomaly).

Here's the proposal I threw together at the last minute last year; additions / revisions / suggestions appreciated!

Description:
Hobo is a set of Rails extensions with a singular goal: write less code. Come learn more and meet fellow Hobo developers.

Abstract:
From Hobocentral.net: What is Hobo?

Hobo is a collection of open-source gems/plugins for Ruby on Rails that help you build anything from throwaway prototypes and internal utilities to meticulously crafted full-blown web apps. The goal: write less code. So much less in fact that it starts to feel like you’re not implementing your app at all, you’re just declaring what you want.

It turns out that the hard part is not going fast, but staying flexible. This is where we think Hobo really shines. If you’ve played with “app builders” before, you’ll know about The Wall. The Wall is the point you reach where you have to give up and do it the old way because that one feature you really need just isn’t going to happen. Hobo doesn’t have one.

--Matt Jones

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Hobo Users" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [email protected] . For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/hobousers?hl=en .


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Hobo 
Users" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/hobousers?hl=en.

Reply via email to