I have a form on my front#index page pointing to one of my models:

*<form with="&Model.new">...</form>*

This model has a custom validation method:

*validate :sanity_checks*

If I create a new record at Model/new it works as intended and applies my
validation. However if I add a record from the front page form it accepts
anything and creates a new record. If I edit this record and try to save,
the validation kicks in correctly.

I also have a "regular" validation:

*validates_numericality_of :debit, :only_integer => true, :allow_nil =>
true, :message => "can only bet whole numbers (no cents)"*

If I use a decimal number from the front page form the validation seems to
work: the record creation fails silently.

It's like the form tag is letting some validations run while bypassing
others.

Am I using the <form> tag incorrectly?

Thanks,
Nathan