liy_...@encs.concordia.ca wrote:
> I have to prove a goal in HOL4 as following:
>
> g `!a b c. (indep bern a c) /\ (indep bern b c) ==>
>        (a IN events bern) /\ (b IN events bern) /\ (c IN events bern) /\
>        (prob bern (a INTER b INTER c) = prob bern (a INTER b) * prob bern c)`;
>
> Here, a and c are independant, also b and c are independant. However,
> a depends b.
>
> Could anybody give me some hints? I really appreciate!
>
> Regards,
> Liya

I can't guess what bern and events mean, but if prob and indep have a
usual meaning, then it's not true.

eg let 3 coins, X, Y, Z be tossed independently.

Let event A be coins X and Y fall the same way

Let event B be coins X and Z fall the same way

Let event C be coins Z and Y fall the same way

Then each two of the three events A,B,C are independent.  But A & B is
not independent of C (which is what, I understand, the last line of your
conclusion says)

Regards,

Jeremy