Hi Chun,

I don't think your example captures the distinction, since, as you
prove, AList and BList are the same.

you're right about

 > 1. [] is List
 > and
 > 2. If l = h::t and t is List, then l is List.

In fact the only subset satisfying these (which is therefore both the
least and the greatest) is the set of all lists.

Think instead about

Hol_reln `P (SUC n) ==> P n` ; (* no numbers *)
Hol_coreln `Q (SUC n) ==> Q n` ; (* all numbers *)

Cheers,

Jeremy