Hi Mario,

Slightly off-topic, I had experience with the type system of HOL-Omega (system F, if I recall the terminology right, not dependent types, so my experience may not be very relevant)

My dominant recollection is the difficulty of getting the system to do the right type inference, and getting terms to typecheck. I was forever working out where I needed to put in type annotations. Quite frustrating after my experience with regular HOL, and Isabelle.

It led me to conclude that the systems offering automatic inference of a principal type really occupy a "sweet spot", ie the best compromise between ease of use and expressive power.

Cheers,

Jeremy Dawson