From: Thomas Sewell <sew...@chalmers.se>
Date: Tuesday, 1 October 2019 at 18:43
To: hol-info <hol-info@lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject: Re: [Hol-info] Simplify/normalize propositional logic terms?

Try this:

SIMP_CONV (bool_ss ++ boolSimps.CONJ_ss) [] `` (q \/ p /\ x) /\ p /\ ~q  ``;

That CONJ_ss just adds a congruence rule that uses each side of a conjunction
to simplify the other.

I found it by investigating bossLib.csimp, which you might also want to know
about.

Once upon a time in Isabelle I had a problem with such congruences, since they
might locally add rewrites which might be looping or inefficient. Is there a
similar risk in HOL4?

Cheers,
    Thomas.