On 9/10/12 6:41 PM, james woodyatt wrote:
On Sep 10, 2012, at 05:34 , Ray Bellis <ray.bel...@nominet.org.uk> wrote:
An interesting question has come up during the Arch Doc team's discussions
around naming and service discovery:

"What in-home services actually require Unicast DNS lookup?" [*]
Finally, we could punt on the homenet routing problem, and just use mDNS+DNS-SD
exclusively-- I'm sure I can think of at least one major player in the home
networking space that would be quite happy to see such an outcome turn out to
be the status quo, but last I checked, this working group didn't like that idea
very much.

So, um-- I guess the answer to the Arch Doc team's question should be, "NAME ALL THE
THINGS IN DNS!!"  What am I missing?

I tend to agree that you can't just punt on the DNS for the same reason you can't just punt on routing in the absence of either you're left needing some topological abomination to knit together the home-nets.