On 10/23/2012 10:25 AM, Teco Boot wrote:

I'm not sure if giving each host a
prefix in 2001:yyyy's address space is scalable either for the hosts, the SLAAC
announcements, or just carving up 2001:yyyy's addresses, especially if you have
a large VPN population. I've done that myself, and I have doubts that it's the
right approach.
I can't get why employer doesn't assign a 2000:: address to the server, other
than test uRPF filters and get protocol designers crazy :-)

They ran of space in the 2000:: allocation? They merged two companies?
There's lots of reasons why a company would have multiple prefixes.

Mike