On Sep 19, 2014, at 10:52 AM, Steven Barth <cy...@openwrt.org> wrote:
> That was not my point. I'm totally happy with having a standardized way of
> doing this but I don't think that HNCP is the place where it should be
> defined since we will probably not be the only user.

HNCP won't be the only user, but given that it's how the network figures itself
out, it's really hard to imagine any other place where the process of arriving
at mutual trust could happen.   If it's not in HNCP, it's going to be in a
different protocol that looks a lot like HNCP, and runs alongside it, sharing a
lot of the same per-device state.