From: homenet [homenet-boun...@ietf.org] on behalf of Toerless Eckert
[eck...@cisco.com]
Sent: 02 October 2014 22:41
To: Leddy, John
Cc: Michael Behringer (mbehring); The IESG; homenet@ietf.org; Stephen Farrell;
an...@ietf.org; Ted Lemon
Subject: Re: [homenet] [Anima] Ted Lemon's Block on charter-ietf-anima-00-09:
(with BLOCK)

Fully agreed. But does this imply that we will make most progress by
blocking out a working group that is actively chartered to look at
the problems in the market segments Homenet is not addressing ?

If the BLOCK is meant to suggest a charter improvements for anima to
better define our mutual desire to share whatever is applicable and
not reinvent unnecessarily, then where is the proposed charter text change ?

Cheers
    Toerless

P.S.: Also, if i may throw in some random tidbit of technology thoughts:

I love home networks (and the WG for it), because it is the best place
for IPv6 to eliminate IPv4 and start creating fresh, better IP
network. I have a lot of doubt that we are anywhere close to going that
route especially in larger enterprises, so the address management for
IPv4 in those networks is going to be a crucial requirement where i don't
think homenet could (or should) be any big help. And i am not sure if i would
want to hold my breath for a lot of IPv4 adress complexity reduction in
IoT either. But certainly autonomic processes cold rather help than hurt
in that matter.