Hi,

On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 11:21:12AM -0500, Ted Lemon wrote:
> On Oct 14, 2014, at 10:41 AM, Gert Doering <g...@space.net> wrote:
> > That reply doesn't surprise me the least, it's the standard answer from
> > every geek who has not spent a few weeks thinking about this :-)
>
> This isn't a helpful response, Gert.   If you are right, you can
> explain the reason that you are right.   You don't have to accuse
> the people you are talking to of not thinking this through.

I explained my reasoning.  Multiple times.  Here and on other lists.  Again
and again.  And I spend a lot of time testing things, running against walls,
and telling people what needs to be improved to make it work.  Since years.

But I still run headlong into the typical geek response "I do things in
my network that are not compatible to this" - and, well, so do I, but
that is a completely irrelevant point of view when talking about homenets
that are used by millions of non-geeks plus a few IETF geeks.

*This* is the widening of horizon that is needed for meaningful contribution
to this discussion.  "I'll just get me a tunnel" is not.

Gert Doering
        -- NetMaster

Tel: +49 (0)89/32356-444           USt-IdNr.: DE813185279