> Also, currently most routers consists of mostly L2 high speed forwarding,
> with some L3 thrown in between two ports (the WAN port, and the 5th
> internal port to the 5 port switch chip with 4 external ports). With
> homenet, all this changes. Now all ports need to be L3.

I'm possibly missing something, but I see no requirement to perform L3
routing between the LAN ports.

> What platforms do the current implementations of Babel support?

The reference implementation supports Linux and multiple BSD variants
(tested on OpenBSD and Mac OS X).  The Quagga implementation supports
whatever Quagga supports.

At any rate, it is portable code -- making a new port consists in writing
a small number of platform-specific functions to interface with the kernel.

> Do we really believe people are going to use wifi links to connect
> devices within their homenet?

Yes.  The ability to simply and cheaply extend one's wireless coverage is
one of the killer features of Homenet, and one that can be easily explained.

-- Juliusz