> > > Either use the pool or use one from an SNTP DHCP option an edge
> > > router received from an ISP and published in HNCP.
>
> Ah, silly me.  Yes, of course, we're already publishing DHCP(v6) options.
>
> > RFC 7084 recommends support for NTP option. If NTP is supported, the
> > router is required to request the DHCPv6 option and use that, if it
> > gets a response.
>
> Ok.  That means that we don't want any NTP peering within the Homenet,
> right?

I don't know of anything in the homenet routers that require a peering level of
synchronization. And I think it would be dangerous to suggest it's achievable.
I can easily envision a multihomed network, where each CE router gets time from
its ISP, and doesn't care what other devices in the home network do (or
optionally both try to propagate their time). And then there are all the hosts
doing their own thing.

The most common use for NTP time that I know of is in logs. To get a reasonable
sense of when something happened. So I'd suggest to keep it simple and not try
for or expect synchronization.
Barbara