> I don't know of anything in the homenet routers that require a peering
> level of synchronization. And I think it would be dangerous to suggest
> it's achievable.

Well, if configured with both client-server and peer relationships, NTP
will converge to a set of disjoint lowest-dispersion trees, so I guess
there's no harm in automatically configuring some peer relationships.  But
I agree with you that it doesn't need to be mentioned in the spec.

It's clear to me now, thanks to both of you, I'll try to hack something up.

(The reason I'm asking is that once shncpd has learned to do local
configuration of DNS and NTP, it can be used instead of a DHCP/RA
client -- with fast roaming as an added benefit.  Does my enthusiasm show,
or do I need to spam even more?)

-- Juliusz