> it doesn’t make sense to me why we should spend our time specifying
> protocols for registering names of services in the global domain name
> system unless we have a realistic usage scenario that shows how they
> will be reachable directly by arbitrary public hosts.

Agreed.

> I just don’t see how there is any such realistic scenario. Hence, I’m
> not sold that adopting this draft is a good idea.

I believe that Ted has now clarified that the next version of his draft
will focus solely on naming within the home.  Perhaps I'm optimistic, but
it looks to me like we're slowly converging towards consensus on doing
naming in the home only and ignoring the issues of naming in the Global
Internet.

-- Juliusz