Ted Lemon <mel...@fugue.com> wrote:
    mcr> Christian's comments in DNSSD (which I also watched today) is right
though:
    mcr> for many applications in *discovery* is important you probably don't
want
    mcr> certs, because they reveal too much, and the relationship is too
    mcr> ephermeral.
    mcr> The link between Dave's Laptop and Dave's Cool Printer is probably
    mcr> longer.

    > Indeed, but we don't want Dave's Laptop going around asking for Dave's
Cool
    > Printer when Dave's Laptop is not on the home network where Dave's Cool
    > Printer lives.

You agree that it's a different problem right?

The common part is that one might have a similar set of external (physical)
signals.

Should Dave bring his printer to the IETF network, and they happen to
discovery each other via privacy-enhanced dnssd magic (cf: Arthur Clark's
definition of magic), then it would be good that they can prove that it's
really them.

 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-