STARK, BARBARA H <bs7...@att.com> wrote:
    >> This suggests to me that the next step in HOMENET, which I think the
naming
    >> architecture could lead, is to provide for (automatic) collection of
statistics for
    >> diagnostics purposes.
    >> i.e. Homenet OAM.

    > Not as chair...

    > I disagree this has anything to do with the naming architecture.

The reason I suggest that the naming architecture could lead this, is because
due to the multi-provider nature, we get specifically interesting statistics
From end-systems about how well they are communicating with their intended
targets.  Further, in order to deal with this kind of thing, there are host
changes desired, so doing OAM on those changes seems like not too much a
stretch.

For instance, how many times did they pick a src/dst combination for a DNS
query, or a data transmission, for which there was a communication failure?

    > I have long felt the best way to accomplish this would be to have a
    > discoverable (DNS-SD) NetJSON (http://netjson.org/) "service" on all
    > consumer routers, which would supply NetJSON types via http.

    > I agree supplying statistics info to the home network would be a good
    > thing for homenet to tackle.
    > I've been wanting to propose this for a while, but keep getting
side-tracked.

You have described a mechanism to collect the statistics, and it seems like a
very good suggestion.

 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-