Minor issues:

       Rationale: support for wireless transit links is a "killer
       feature" of Homenet, something that is requested by our users and
       easy to explain to our bosses.  In the absence of dynamically
SB> Not sure explicability to your boss counts for much as a basis for
SB> a feature an international standard.

I think this paragraph is helpful for implementors -- it helps people
explain to their bosses why we're bothering with link-quality estimation
when we've done routing protocols with no link-quality estimation for the
last fifty years or so.  (The Fuzzball LSI-11 router had link-quality
estimation, but that was in the 1980s.)  Still, if you find the tone too
informal, I'm open to reformulating.
I too think the rationale is important but the phrasing may be confusing.  Being a native speaker of U.S. English (and almost fluent in Southern Californiaese ;-)  I found the colloquialisms confusing. Perhaps I could suggest something in the vein of "very important" or "much desired feature" etc for "killer".  I found the term "bosses" leaving much to interpretation and would prefer to see something more like "management" or "decision maker", or perhaps even "Corporate" used instead.

Jeff Bowden