(with no hats...)

On 19/07/18 10:42, Juliusz Chroboczek wrote:

>> Also, think of the privacy implications if all of the services on the
>> homenet had to be discovered from a shared zone like dyndns.org.

> Quite the opposite.  In the trivial update protocol, the update is
> end-to-end, encrypted, and only the host and the DNS provider see the
> data.  Every Homenet, every host, heck, even every application can use
> a different DNS provider, and each DNS provider only sees the data that
> was explicitly sent to it.

I'm also a bit puzzled by how the subset of records to be
globally published relates to the set of records that are
to be internally visible. I guess this is not something
that we'd fully standardise, but there are privacy issues
here if too much gets published globally, so there may be
some protocol (change/tweak) required to make it possible
for implementers to distinguish which information ought be
globally visible, and which not.

Cheers,
S.