On Wednesday, October 6, 2004, at 11:39 AM, Wilbert Kimple wrote:

I've seen it done a couple of times with a standard double horn on the first part. Most of the time, including the two times I've done it, a descant horn is used. Mine is an alexander 107 in Bb and high F. Phil Myers (NY Phil) used his Schmid Bb high Eb when I heard his section do it live two years ago.

Alan Civil used to do it on his Alex Model 90 Bb single. I heard him a couple of times, I think. One nice example was at the IHS workshop in 1978 at East Lansing. (Concertstück with wind ensemble accompaniment. Mostly before triples, I think.)

CORdially,  Paul Mansur