Hello all,
Over the past two years, I've been plagued with some embouchure issues and
I've read and heard a lot of different view points on lip placement and
everything. I'm not asking for any suggestions right now, but I was
wondering about one thing that somebody told me. Out of all of the
suggestions I've gotten, the most unhelpful was simply to "look in the
mirror and fix what's wrong" and to try to copy the embouchures of Stefan
Dohr and the Berlin Phil's horns. Now I've used the mirror before just to
try to keep the top of the mouthpiece out of the red of my lip and to try to
center the mouthpiece, but I don't think that's what the well-wishing
suggester meant. Also, I don't see how anybody can copy anything more than
mouthpiece placement and possibly which muscles to use from seeing some
clips on YouTube. Has anybody here actually benefited from this kind of
advice?

Donald Huang