So the fantasy would be a simple screen cast video using something like HOT
task 690 http://tasks.hotosm.org/project/690 since it uses the high
resolution satellite imagery, Kevin Bullock's presentation
http://vimeo.com/91880883 covers why this type is best to work from, the
interesting bit starts 5 mins in to the presentation, locally there have
been some clean up issues with lower resolution satellite imagery and
mentioning the use of the JOSM building plug in as mentioned by Tom Taylor
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JkiL8wlvJqdVMgGxKXPzF22YzQ-S08Q31zZQna9CTMk/edit

To come back to the original topic I think you need an overview, starting
perhaps with a couple of interviews from two or three AID agencies about
why the OSM maps are important to them and how they are used.  Then flip to
the sources of data which are made free to use such as DigitalGlobe, UN
place names, and finally a few mappers putting it altogether.  Given that
the maps are useful perhaps Unicef or someone might have some resources for
this?  Or the BBC?

Cheerio John