Hi Blake,

Thanks!

Generally roads that are part of the larger road network
> infrastructure and serve as connections between settlements but also
> pass through those settlements are not down tagged to "residential"
> roads when they pass through settlements.

> Residential roads are roads whose primary function is access to
> housing. If the primary function of the road is to connect settlements
> and it just happens to pass through some residential area I generally
> leave it as the larger road classification.

In cities, it's just a little hard to define boundaries of settlement.

I agree with your definition. Would you agree that it implies that
'residential' is used relatively sparsely, i.e. where a road leads to a
group of houses, or where a road is located inside a "gated" are, like an
institution, university, school or residential community?

> If you are local to Lusaka, you should connect up with Trudy Hope who
> is also in Lusaka.

Yes :) We are in touch and met recently.

Bjoern