On Wed, July 4, 2018 1:47 pm, Oleksiy Muzalyev wrote:
> Sometimes I myself cannot recognize on a satellite image what kind of
> building it is, - a warehouse, a cowshed, a factory, etc., or how many
> levels it has got. I have to look at its shadow, surroundings, roof
> surface, to make a guess.

Imagery interpretation is artful indeed - it takes practice to train the
eye, but then recognizing features from elusive hints, such as a tall
structure from its shadow, becomes reflex.

This is an area where having travelled in the target area helps a lot -
with nothing but the imagery I can with near-certainty recognize most
Senegalese schools... But I'm entirely lost trying to do the same in
neighbouring Guinea !