Hi all,
 I just migrated my CLJ2550 from the usb backend using to the HP backend using HPLIP 1.6.10, and suddenly postscript photo performance is now horribly slow, it now takes it at least 20 minutes to process a single full page photo or color pdf  that prior took 2 minutes, using the usb backend.  Text performance is still reasonable.  It does not seem to matter if the print process comes from the local machine or is printed to it via samba or ipp from windows or mac clients.
Any ideas, i made no change other than uninstalling the old SuSe 10 supplied hplip (believe it was 1.6.7) rpm and the HP-officejet rpm before using the new 1.6.10 installer.
thanks
-Phil