We tested the printer using the Postscript PPD and saw no speed issues. There is obviously some sort of setup/config problem on Phil's box. We just can't seem to figure out what exactly what it is...

Phil, have you checked /var/log/messages for errors? I am assuming that you have CUPS in debug logging mode and have checked it for errors?

-Don

On 10/26/06, Johannes Meixner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hello,

On Oct 25 20:12 Phil Schleper wrote (shortened):
> hp_color_LaserJet_2550
> ----------------------
> Device URI: hp:/usb/hp_color_LaserJet_2550_series?serial=00CNGHB22794
> Installed in HPLIP? Yes
> PPD: /etc/cups/ppd/hp_color_LaserJet_2550.ppd
> PPD Description: HP Color LaserJet 2550 Series Postscript (recommended)

I.e. you use the printer's built-in PostScript interpreter
(and not Ghostscript together with the HPIJS driver).

Try the HP-Color_LaserJet_2550-hpijs.ppd
"HP Color LaserJet 2550 Foomatic/hpijs"

For background information see
http://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Purchasing_a_Printer_and_Compatibility

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
--
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Maxfeldstrasse 5      Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
90409 Nuernberg, Germany                    WWW: http://www.suse.de/