I certainly plan to do something on Base, but I will freely admit that
database programming is my weakest area. But I will do the best I can
do. Right now I have just started writing the Impress tutorials.

Regards,

On 11/29/2014 02:06 PM, Charles Thayer wrote:
> I'd imagine that Ahuka will get to Base.
>
> As a preview, I can assure you that you can attach tables and make forms. It
> might be a little disorienting to create and maintain forms in Libreoffice at
> first, though. Base does not have a self-contained facility for editing
> forms.  You do it with Writer.
>
> A few years back, I set up a form to interface with a database of electronics
> parts. It needed a small amount of code to open a browser window to look up
> the vendor website based on a URL stored as a Text field in the Parts record.
>  In Access, you can store links as a data type, and just click the link in a
> table view.  Libreoffice doesn't support this,  but I had it up and running
> in a weekend.
>
> So the Base series should be interesting and fun.
>
> Charles in NJ

Kevin B. O'Brien
zwil...@zwilnik.com
http://google.me/+kevinobrien
There's a difference between tempting fate and giving it a lap dance.