Mike

This is disappointing as Gambas is a great tool. I think it just goes to
demonstrate how little attention we, who are fortunate enough to have no
accessibility issues, pay to the subject.

Perhaps there is a need for an HPR episode here. I've heard a number of
podcasts addressing the issue of accessibility but I've yet to hear one which
takes the listener down into the nitty gritty, explaining how what would seem
to be insurmountable problems are solved. We've probably all heard of Orca and
other screen readers, but it must be a total mystery to most of us how anybody
with a visual impairment can make sense of websites consisting of multiple
columns and panels, with video and adverts thrown into the mix.

Gambas forms are defined in plain text, as a very simple human-readable
hierarchy of control definitions. Designing a form using just a text editor
should not be at all difficult. However, you cannot build those forms into a
project and compile it into a Gambas executable without using the IDE. If
that's no good from an accessibility standpoint, then it's looks like being
something of a showstopper.

However, one of the claims of Gambas is that the IDE is itself created using
Gambas. You can base your application on QT or GTK. It just requires the
selection of a couple of different components in the project definition. That
being the case it should be possible to regenerate the IDE using GTK as a base.
I'll explore this and get back to you in due course.

Regards

Nige