Hi Ray,

welcome to the community. A good starting point for this project would
be to read this publication [0]:

Zahra Khatami, Lukas Troska, Hartmut Kaiser, J. Ramanujan and Adrian
Serio, “HPX Smart Executors”, In Proceedings of ESPM2’17: Third
International Workshop on Extreme Scale Programming Models and
Middleware (ESPM2’17), 2017. doi: 10.1145/3152041.3152084,

>> Then is the goal to analyze data? or also implement the algorithms?

The goal is to provide a new execution policy [1], which utilizes
machine learning techniques to optimize the computational time.

So the first step would be to analyze the data.

In my opinion there are two different ways, one can integrate machine
learning.

1) You could collect the data and train a model to obtain parameters for
your function f(x,y,z) -> chunk size. In this case you could use any
existing machine learning library to get these parameters for your function.

Here, you will implement this function in the execution policy to
estimate e.g. the "best" chunk size for given x,y,z.

2) You could train your model at run time to obtain e.g. the "best"
chunk size. In this case you have to implement your chosen machine
learning algorithm for the integration in hpx.

Best,

Patrick

[0] http://stellar.cct.lsu.edu/pubs/khatami_espm2_2017.pdf
[1]